Police arrest man suspected in at least 40 burglaries | News
Cottonwood Heights Police arrested a parolee suspected of at least 40 burglaries.
A FOX 13 viewer tipped the police to the man after a story ran last Friday asking for the public’s help in locating the suspect, Tyler Contee.
The latest alleged burglary happened Wednesday night when someone broke into a pair of Cottonwood Heights businesses.
Officers said the burglar got away with computers and other equipment.
Police said they caught up to him at the Cottonwood Heights Wells Fargo where Contee was in the process of trying to cash a $2,000 check.
Police said after a fight with police in the lobby of the bank, he was arrested.
“He’s a suspect in a couple of business burglaries here in cottonwood heights. subsequent to those business burglaries a stolen credit card was used at several locations,” said Sgt. Mark Askerlund, Cottonwood Heights Police Department.
Police said they have plenty of video of Contee using a stolen credit card in Cottonwood Heights.
He now faces several felony charges.
Top Murray Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Thousands of released documents shed light on Susan Cox Powell case
- Active search for Susan Cox Powell ends
- West Valley City Police to give ‘detailed update’ in Susan Cox Powell investigation
- Figure skating club alters performance to feature skater with brain tumor
- Susan’s father claims bones were found in Oregon search